Sunday, June 19, 2005

Jason Mraz

It's no secret to all of you who know me that I love Jason Mraz. I think he might be the most talented musician that I know of today. He genuinely has a great voice, he can play guitar like a madman, he has stage presence, seems like someone you'd actually want to be friends with, and most of all, he actually writes his own songs which are always interesting and full of many levels.
Recently, while browsing the web, and trying to find the date of release for his new CD, Mr. A-Z, I came across the artist journal on his website. While most artists have a tour journal or some place where once a year they write a little thought, that usually turns out to be boring and read only by extreme groupies, Mr. Mraz's is one of the most amusing pieces I've ever read. I found myself reading every single one in one sitting. He's a great writer, and it goes beyond just songs. While I don't agree with everything he says, it's definitely thoughtful and humorous. I wish he'd write a book. I wish I could write like that. It's like you're just piering into his brain for a couple of minutes. Jason, if you read this, can we please just sit and have coffee some evening? Dinner? A road trip? Marry me?

(I was going to put a little excert of a cute antedote from the journal, but I'm not entirely sure how the copywrite laws work, so you'll just have to go there, and read some for yourself: JasonMraz.com.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home