Sunday, November 14, 2004

Things that used to be funny

It's a beautiful, fall Sunday afternoon, and I've already done all that you do on these kinds of days: eat, watch football, take a nap... and the afternoon is still not done. It's so rare that I have complete free time like this. There's nothing even that I "should" be doing. So as I have nothing to do, I thought I'd just think of a topic that I would write on here. So, here is what I've been thinking a lot about lately. It's ironic how things that used to just amuse you to no end, just end up not being all that funny. I was trying to explain to Jeremy the other day all these inside jokes that my group of friends from high school used to have (I love you, Ashley, Bobby, and Matt), and while they still make me smile, it's just not the same. And then, another friend just reminded me of that website, Homestar Runner. Now don't get me wrong, if you haven't been there, you really should check it out. It's a classic, especially if you are young-ish. But I used to be able to spend hours cracking up over those things. Seriously, there was one time that I was finishing a paper at 4 in the morning (and granted, I am not a night person, so just being up past midnight makes me delirious and giddy), but I watched one of the Strong Bad emails called "English Paper" and I lost it laughing to the extent that I woke up my roommate. Now I just watched a few new ones, and I think I'm getting old. Maybe the new ones just really aren't that funny. I know everyone says that you're only as old as you are in your heart and all that jazz, but still... when does the point come when you are no fun anymore? No one wakes up and decides to be an old fuddy-duddy. I think maybe it's just all this graduation stuff is kinda freaking me out. I don't know anything, and I'm certainly not mature enough to be pushed out into the real world. I know what you're thinking: I need to just stop worrying and chill out, huh? Or maybe I'll just move to Never-Neverland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home