Sunday, December 26, 2004

Great Movies

I claim to be an old movie buff. I do love them, but it seems that my taste is quite limited. I just stumbled across the AFI's (American Film Institute) website, and they have all these lists broken down of the best movies. I went into the Top 100 American Films and I am sad to say that of the top 10, I had only seen 4 and 1/2. I say 1/2 because I couldn't make it all the way through "Schindler's List" (#9). For all of you who have some extra time while you're off for the holidays, here's a suggesttion of something to do in your relaxing time, especially if you are practically snowed, or iced in, in my case. For your convenience, I'll provide you with the top ten listings (for all 100, you're on your own to look it up... I love you, but that's a lot of typing). Surely, there's one you haven't seen, and if not, pick an old favorite and enjoy it again.

AFI's 100 Years... 100 Greatest American Movies
1. Citizen Kane
2. Casablanca
3. The Godfather
4. Gone With the Wind
5. Lawrence of Arabia
6. The Wizard of Oz
7. The Graduate
8. On the Waterfront
9. Schindler's List
10. Singin' in the Rain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home