Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Best-Laid Schemes

Today I read "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck. It's only 107 pages, so a perfect size for my purse. Ever since I got back from California, I've been craving a bit of Steinbeck, so I've been carrying it around for a while, and today I showed up half an hour early for my interview, so I started this tiny gem.
I don't know how I missed this in high school. But it's a shame that I did. It's sad, and sweet, and such a great story.
In the spirit of keeping things short and sweet. That's all I'll say about the book. Other than you should read it, if you haven't. Or at least some Steinbeck. If you love it, then go on to "East of Eden." It's anything but short, but well worth the time. Ignore the "Oprah's Book Club" sticker on the front. It's good too. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home